[Xen-users] number of VCPU doesn't change after changing the config file or using the command "xm vcpu-set"

Hello,

after installing many guest systems I realised that three of them need more
than one core. So I changed the config file with

vcpus=2

But that doesn't help and the command

xm vcpu-set ...

doesn't change the actual number of vcpus either. It is weird that the dom0
appears as many as the number of cores if I use "xm vcpu-list":

Name                              ID VCPUs   CPU State   Time(s) CPU
Affinity
Domain-0                           0     0     0   r--  113841.1 0
Domain-0                           0     1     -   --p   45409.1 1
Domain-0                           0     2     -   --p    4053.7 2
Domain-0                           0     3     -   --p     454.2 3

Maybe someone can help me?

Best regards
Karlsson