Re: [Xen-users] PV Drivers dropping all packets with 802.1q headers

On 11.12.2011 17:25, James Harper wrote:

I have done that with Linux ip link settings, but I can't find
anything that
would allow me to do that with the Windows GPLPV drivers.
Mike

GPLPV doesn't support VLAN's, or at least I haven't added anything that would allow them and I think Windows requires driver support. For VM's
that need access to multiple VLAN's in Dom0 I'd normally create the
multiple interfaces in Dom0 and plumb them through individually.

James

I see. I am using Open vSwitch instead of the linux bridging, so I've found that it's impossible to strip the 802.1q header before it egresses out of the switch to the domU. I am going to try their latest version that includes native-untagged mode on trunk ports. That way I can at least pass traffic for one single vlan without tags through the trunk. I think that my focus needs to be on the Open vSwitch side, since I assume it would be much easier to change the way they do access ports, then add vlan functionality to the GPLPV drivers. If there is an easier way that I might be overlooking please let me know, otherwise I'll dig into ofproto and see what I can break.
Mike