Re: [Xen-users] Dom0 on USB Stick

On 13/12/2011 20:53, Jonathan Tripathy wrote:

On 13/12/2011 20:41, Javier Guerra Giraldez wrote:
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Jonathan Tripathy<jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm currently mulling over the idea of running our Dom0 on a USB flash disk. Currently, we have the Dom0 and DomU running of the same disk array. I'd like to know the list's opinion on doing this. It seems like a very nice
idea to split the single critical Dom0 and the tens of DomUs.
better yet, make all of Dom0 fit in the rdimage, and pull it via PXE
Thanks for the suggestion. Can you please explain to me what an rdimage is? Also, I'm guessing that PXE is more reliably than USB sticks as PXE images can ultimately come from a metal spindle on another server?

Thanks
Ah silly me! That's the initrd of course. Does anyone have any tips on how to put an entire Dom0 in the initrd? Would an alternative to this be the nfs mount the root filesystem (Assuming that Xen and Dom0 kernel came from a PXE server)?

Thanks