Re: [Xen-users] openSUSE 12.1 does not have complete xen rpms

>>> On 14.12.11 at 01:42, jim burns <jim_burn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue December 13 2011, 2:48:14 PM, Mark Pryor wrote:
>> Move to x86_64 and you will have a complete dom0 upgrade. Its true that
>> i586 is not supporting a full dom0.
>
> Not possible - it's a 32 bit system.
>
> I suppose I could download the xen .src.rpm, and recompile it, assuming they
> haven't disabled i586 for some reason. I just want to know if it's
> supported, or suse ran into a snag getting it to work for i586.

It's not supported, but it's being evaluated to re-add the 32-bit
hypervisor (which got dropped largely because the same source tree
gets used for SLE11 SP2, where the dropping of support for it implies
the removal of the package). See bug 732424.

> Anyone know if they will eventually support it?

No, I do not expect it to get considered supported again. You'll be
left on your own in dealing with eventual problems (which doesn't
exclude us merging fixes that get provided or pointed out), as stated
in comment 15 of aforementioned bug.

Jan