Re: [Xen-users] using maxmem

> Made some tests to illustrate what I said in my previous mail.
> I counting time to reach the splash screen of windows installer using
> different value of maxmem (nothing else changed):
>
> - no maxmem / mem= 2048
> 33 sec.
>
> - maxmem=2048 / mem =2048
> 33 sec
>
> - maxmem=4096 / mem =2048
> 1 min 57 sec
>
> - maxme=8192 / mem =2048
> 4 min 32 sec
>
> nobody has a clue?

I haven't been following this thread but it sounds awfully familiar to
something I looked at a while ago. What version of Xen are you using?

Have a look at this thread -
http://xen.1045712.n5.nabble.com/slow-xp-hibernation-revisited-td4451615.html -
where I posted an initial patch which was massaged by the xen devs into
something more correct and I believe it was applied but I don't know at what
version.

James