Re: [Xen-users] ssh to console

On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 1:49 AM, Mark van Dijk <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've seen some hosts who pass their customers a username/pw. When the
customer logs in they get console access to their VPS. How can this be
done on 'plain xen' ?

Thanks,
Mark

Mark,
When I was using plain xen I set up sudoers files via a script for each user. They could ssh into the Dom0 and sudo xm console to their vm. It only allowed them to sudo to THEIR vm and nobody elses. Because the script created their VM disks, VM config files, Dom0 user account and sudoers file for the /etc/sudoers.d/ directory (sudo 1.7.2 and newer needed) it all got it right and it was easy.

Now with XCP I don't allow it because text consoles are bit funky. I'm using XVP to give them a graphical console.

Grant McWilliams
http://grantmcwilliams.com/

Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use Windows."Â
Now they have two problems.ÂÂ