Re: [Xen-users] why errors happen when two vms start concurrently ?

On 22.12.2011 08:51, Grant McWilliams wrote:
I've since moved to XCP and I can start all 50 at the same time without issues and it doesn't seem to matter what kind of disks I have. I can now start 50 and have the prompt back in a matter of minutes.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you. Sometimes after I'd get that error I wouldn't be able to start ANYTHING again until a reboot. That was on Xen 3.4.

Sorry, but you able to start 50 VM on same host same time? Or you are talking about 50 VM on 50 hosts in pool in same time? Or you just send 50 vm-start and all vm starts? It's really different cases, and here my data for XCP parallelism:

Host can perform one vm-start/reboot task at time. All others are waiting in queue and will not process until other tasks are done. pool master can send operations to different hosts (but it do this not for 'speed', but for memory balance, so some vm will wait in queue of one (busy) host and others will start on 'not busy hosts' without significant delay). pool master do have limit on amount of tasks in queue, but I can't say exact number.