Re: [Xen-users] Does Xen Driver Domain support HVM DomU?

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 10:11:42PM +0800, Bo Xu wrote:
> Hello, everyone.
> I am new to Xen, I don't know if Xen Driver Domain, network for
> example, support the HVM DomU, like a windows DomU?

"Xen Driver Domain" requires the Xen backend drivers available in the VM,
so in the case of Network Driver Domain you need the Xen Netback backend driver.
Afaik there's no xen-netback for Windows.

So currently Xen Driver Domains can be only Linux/BSD/Solaris.

> Can the windows DomU connect to Internet through the network driver
> domain without problem.

Any domU can use the Driver Domain. Usually Driver Domain is dom0,
but for various security/isolation/performance reasons you might want to
use other Xen Driver Domains aswell.

> The system is Debian squeeze 6.0 x86-64 with xen-hypervisor-4.0-amd64,
> xen-qemu-dm-4.0, xen-linux-system-2.6-xen-amd64.
>
> Best Regards!
>
> Ben

-- Pasi