[Xen-users] VMWARE vs ORACLE VM

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: <Sunny.Biswas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 10:55:28 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 07:06:40 +0000

The xen hypervisor does not present the same driver for hardware devices such as nic, scsi controller which means that we would have to manage device drivers like we do with the different operating systems (win and lin/unix) whereas, vmware presents a virtual driver to all the operating systems and it appears as the same driver.  Basically, vmware virtualizes the hardware presented to virtual machines where virtual machines running on oracle vm will need native drivers.

Is the above statement correct ?

Thanks

Sunny