Re: [Xen-users] Xen Ubuntu Pangolin HVMs not recreating properly

Figured out a solution. The problem does not lie with Xen, but with recent releases of Ubuntu.

It was indeed a boot problem. The grub timeout functionality enabling automatic boot from grub menu item 0, does not always work in trecent Ubuntu versions. This owes to the use by these versions of a recordfail parameter. The best solution is claimed by several users to be simply to comment out the recordfail code in /etc/grub.d/00_Header:

#if [ "\${recordfail}" = 1 ]; then
#  set timeout=-1
#else
  set timeout=${2}
#fi

and then to run update-grub

Thus the HVM boots up successfully when using xm create