Re: [Xen-users] Does xen on debian squeeze work at all?

Ric,
I have it running on two servers and when I ran into this issue I had to have the Xen linux image, xen-hypervisor, AND the qemu-dm package which isn't listed as a pre-req for Xen. I don't remember because it's been a while since I installed it, but some of the other packages you might need to manually install are xen-tools, xenstore-utils, xen-docs, and xen-tools-common.  I will review my servers packages here in a little bit and if I forgot anything I will add then to this post.

Shane

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Florian Heigl <florian.heigl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2012/1/18 Riccardo Orfei <r.orfei@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I am trying to set up xen 4.0 on a debian system with a dual AMD64 CPU.

> When I boot, everything seems OK, but xend is not there.

Sounds like it didn't boot into Xen. Did you see Xen load before the
Linux kernel messages?
If no, then this is something to do with the grub configuration order
in /etc/grub.

There's a few howtos for fixing most of the xen bugs in squeeze, a
good one is in the debian wiki for example.

Don't ask me why it's not just fixed though.

Florian

Shane D. Johnson
IT Administrator
Rasmussen Equipment