Re: [Xen-users] Graphic acceleration on pv domU linux

ÐÐÑÐÐÑÑÐÑÐÑÐ!
ÐÐ ÐÑÐÑÐÐÐ, ÐÐÐÐÑÐÑÑ ÑÐÑÐÐÑÑÐÐÐ ÑÐÐÐÑÑ 2012 ÐÐÐÐ, Ð 17:09:15 ÐÑ ÐÐÑÐÐÐ:

F> Thanks for reply, I have already try with sdl=1 and opengl=1 but seem
F> not work and I see from documentation:
F> Enable OpenGL acceleration of the SDL display. Only effects machines
F> using device_model_version="qemu-xen-traditonal" and only if the
F> device-model was compiled with OpenGL support. Disabled by default.

F> The domU is MINT12 full pv.
F> The dom0 for now Squeeze with his kernel, xen 4.0 from hg 4.0-testing.
F> For now still in production use xend / xm.
F> There isn't possibility to add secondary graphic card on these servers.

F> What is the best options for good running of latest Ubuntu or Linux Mint
F> domUs?
F> PV or PV on HVM (include on kernel)?
F> That any other configurations or additions should be madeââ?

F> Sorry for bad english and thanks for any reply.
I am sure that English speakers are few.

I had the following situation: in Dom0 was launched KDE or GNOME and starts when the domU (xm create domU with sdl = 1) - opens a window (similar to vnc console) which has been the guest OS. Unfortunately for you, I'm not interested in OpenGL and I can tell you whether it works.

If your system is in production - you can make the following settings
http://lixen.ua-ohosting.com/archives/20
but once you reboot your card will not be available, and run domU with pci pass will have a remote (maybe ssh)