[Xen-users] xcp installing problems

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Valerio De Rosa <valesmn@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 14:02:36 +0000 (GMT)
  • Cc: Marco De Luca <only_metal@xxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 10:10:17 +0000

Greetings, I have some problem withthe Xen Cloud Platform installation. The OS I am using is an Ubuntu 11.10 32-bit, with 3.0.15 kernel; xen 4.1  with hypervisor for 32-bit architecture already installed on the machine.
We need to install XCP because weâre working with OpenStack(http://openstack.org), and we had problems when trying to connect Xen libraries with an OpenStack component(nova-compute)âthatâs why we need xcp.
On our first try we used this guide:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/XCP_toolstack_on_a_Debian-based_distribution

This guide refers to a âcleanâ system, with just the OS installed, but on our case we already installed xen4.1 and openstack.
By the way, after the OS installation , the guide suggests a repository updates and the command

apt-get install openvswitch-datapath-dkms

next step of the guide suggests to install the xcp-xapi libs, and here comes the troubles (I translated the console output from Italian to Englishâso it could not match 100%):

root@n11:~# apt-get install xcp-xapi
xcp-networkd configuration (1.3.2-1ubuntu1~oneiric1)...
Starting the XCP networking daemon: .............................. * failed to start xcp-networkd.
invoke-rc.d: initscriptxcp-networkd, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error during elaboration  xcp-networkd (--configure):
the subprocess old post-installation script returned error state 1
Report apport not written because max value in MaxReports reached
          dpkg: dependencies problems prevent xcp-xapi configuration:
 xcp-xapi depends from xcp-networkd, but:
  xcp-networkd is not yet configured.
dpkg: error during elaboration xcp-xapi (--configure):
 dependencies problems â not configured
Report apport not written because max value  in MaxReports reached
          dpkg: dependencies problems prevent di xcp-guest-templates configuration
xcp-guest-templates depends from  xcp-xapi, but:
xcp-xapi is not yet configured.
dpkg: : error during elaboration xcp-guest-templates (--configure):
dependencies problems â not configured
Report apport not written because max value  in MaxReports reached
          Error foud during elaboration:
 xcp-networkd
xcp-xapi
xcp-guest-templates

Each time we try to use apt-get, OS recalls the xcp-networkd, but it seems it cannot start. I even cannot remove these 3 packets, and I cannot understand why.
We suppose that this failed installation invalidated the OS start, because on reboot I get this error:

/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6 cannot open shared object file: no such file or directory

On another system (always with Ubuntu 11.10) I tried compiling XCP from source, how explained in the last rows of this guide  http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XAPI_on_debian. During the compilation I get this error:

gbp:info: xcp-storage-managers_0.1.2.orig.tar.gz does not exist, creating from 'master/0.1.2'
fatal: Not a valid object name master/0.1.2
make[2]: *** [source-debs] Error 1
make[2]: leaving directory "/home/bob/Scrivania/xapi-autobuilder"
make[1]: *** [source] Error 2
make[1]: leaving directory "/home/bob/Scrivania/xapi-autobuilder"
make: *** [build] Error 2

Now my question: is it possible that my problems come from the OS not being clean when I try to install xcp-xapi? Any suggestion to solve my problems?