Re: [Xen-users] XL toolstack and drbd

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Wouter de Geus
<benv-xensource.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hej folks,
>
> I'm messing around with DRBD once again but with a new Xen 4.1.2 installation
> using the XL toolstack instead of the xend daemon.
> However, after getting my DRBD installed and a device operational, trying to
> create
> a domU using the drbd block device doesn't want to work:
>
>  xl create -c test.cfg
>  Parsing config file test.cfg
>  Unknown disk type: drbd
>
> My config has:
> disk = [ 'drbd:test,xvda1,w' ]

According to misc/xl-disk-configuration.txt for 4.1.x, doing a grep
string for drdb show nothing... ...

For unstable, see
http://xenbits.xen.org/docs/unstable/misc/xl-disk-configuration.txt
which I can see drdb there as below:
<script>:
---------

Supported values:      iscsi:  nbd:  enbd:  drbd:

In xend and old versions of libxl it was necessary to specify the
"script" (see above) with a prefix.  For compatibility, these four
prefixes are recognised as specifying the corresponding script.  They
are equivalent to "script=<script>".

According to http://www.drbd.org/users-guide/s-xen-configure-domu.html,
I think can work by using phy instead of drdb but you will need to
manage DRBD state transitions outside of Xen.  The below is what I
read from the drdb site:
Under these circumstances, you must use the traditional phy: device
syntax and the DRBD device name that is associated with your resource,
not the resource name. That, however, requires that you manage DRBD
state transitions outside Xen, which is a less flexible approach than
that provided by the drbd resource type.

Thanks.

Kindest regards,
Giam Teck Choon