Re: [Xen-users] Multiple servers

> I am having trouble figuring out the best way to connect multiple xen
> servers together. I have one connection coming into eth0 with 15
> public ip addresses assigned . Do i need a second internet connection
> or is there a way to put the second one behind the first and have it
> routed that way? Also is there a way to set up nat on the first
> server to forward packets to my internal network (eth1) without
> affecting the virtual machines.

You can do this in many ways. You can use vif-route with proxyarp and
route the IPs to the domUs via dom0. You can also create one or
more bridges. One example:

[dom0-eth0]----[dom0-br0]---[firewall-eth0]

[firewall-eth1]---[dom0-br1]---[domU1-eth0]
                      |--------[domU2-eth0]
                      |--------[domU3-eth0]

Here dom0 attaches eth0 to bridge br0. It starts a firewall domU with
two network interfaces. Its eth0 is connected to br0 too. The
firewall domU can then use its eth0 as if it were directly connected to
your ISPs switch, so you can configure it as you would normally do on
dom0.

The firewall's eth1 is connected to bridge br1 (created on dom0) and
domU1/2/3 are also connected to bridge br1. The firewall can then
do proxyarp or NAT. If the firewall runs a dhcpd on eth1 then the
clients get their IP from the firewall and the firewall can handle all
of the routing etc.