Re: [Xen-users] How to Install XCP 1.5 beta

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] How to Install XCP 1.5 beta
From: Todd Deshane <todd.deshane@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, February 17, 2012 10:53 pm
To: ray@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 11:37 PM, <ray@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I would like to install XCP.  So I started at
> http://www.xen.org/products/index.html
>  and found the section labeled
>    'Xen Cloud Platform Project'
>    This section was a nice overview but no
>    links to docs or downloads.
>  The next section was labeled 'USERS'
>  which had a download link to
>    'Xen Cloud Platform 1.5 Beta Download'
>    This has an 'Installable Image'

Burn the ISO image to a CD

> In another search for documentation, I found:
>  Xen Cloud Platform Installation Guide
>  Release 0.1
>  Published October 2009
>  0.1  Edition
>  This was on http://xen.org/files/XenCloud/installation.pdf
>
> **   This documentation is three years old.
>     Is this still valid?
>     Valid mostly?

Should be valid enough for the install. x86_64 bit system required.
The install is similar to an install of a Linux distro.

Thanks,
Todd
--

Todd,

Thank you.  Valid enough has value especially for professionals.  My
concern is that the new install will have configuration options that
were not available 3 years ago.  I am trying to hedge my lack of
experience with Linux by finding documentation that will support my
understanding of the configuration options.

Is there documentation that will help my understanding the XCP options,
and for that matter Linux and Xen options?

I have read two books on Xen, 2 and 3 years old.  None of these address
XCP.  I am hoping for something that will help me understand how to
configure.

As a secondary note, the 3 year old 'Xen Cloud Platform Installation
Guide', says that XCP should be the only OS - no multi-boot.  Is there a
fundamental purpose for this or is it an artifact of a particular
installation process?

ray