Re: [Xen-users] Save options for XFS over ISCSI ~ 17TB (for backup)

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 2:43 PM, Denny Schierz <linuxmail@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I want to migrate away from Solaris with ZFS to Linux with XFS (BTRFS is to
> young) . At the moment, I have Solaris 10 with ISCSI initiator running and a
> zpool with a size round about ~17TB. The ISCSI target  is a Linux Debian with
> "tgt" Daemon and connected via SAS (LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS2008) to
> several LSI JBODS (630j).

... and how does this relate to xen? Are you sending to the wrong list
by any chance?

> Every jbod has 12 (2TB) disks and managed by mdadm as a RAID6 device and on
> top LVM. I have two ISCSI target servers (one for _cold_ standby) and all
> servers has  power connection via UPS and a second direct one.
>
> As I sad, I want to get away from Solaris 10 and know I search for options to
> use XFS with save options, in case of emergency (poweroff etc.). We use the
> JBODS mostly for backups (bacula) so, performance/realtime isn't imported,
> since network is the limit.
>
> Under ZFS I can make sure,  with zpool scrub (file system check), that all
> data are completely  written and consistence. But what is the best way under
> XFS? Should I remount XFS every month for a file system check (re/mount) ?
> What happens in the case, of ISCSI problems?
>
> So, I need just a few suggestions :-)

So you need the equivalent of "zpool scrub"?
I don't use xfs, but btrfs has scrub command (at least if you use
latest btrfs-progs from git). Or you can use zfsonlinux. If you're
interested in either of those two, and need some help, you can ask for
further information in their corresponding list.

--
Fajar