[Xen-users] Sound on HVM, OSS problem

I've been trying to get a (Windows) HVM DomU to play sound through my
PC's speakers (and hopefully microphone input from my PC's microphone
too). I'm using an ac97 emulated by qemu-dm, but qemu-dm is trying to
us OSS for sound output, which isn't working. In
/var/log/xen/qemu-dm-win.log I get messages like:

oss: Could not initialize DAC
oss: Failed to open `/dev/dsp'
oss: Reason: No such file or directory
audio: Failed to create voice `ac97.po'

Running /usr/lib/xen-4.1/bin/qemu-dm-orig -audio-help seems to imply
that Xen's version of qemu only supports oss or wav generation.

I have tried replacing /usr/lib/xen-4.1/bin/qemu-dm with a script that
calls the original qemu-dm using alsa-oss, as follows:

aoss qemu-dm-orig [options]

But the above OSS errors are still appearing.

I could pass my real PCI sound card through but I'd still like sound
from my Dom0 to be played, which rules that out.

FWIW I'm on Linux Mint12.

Has anyone had any luck getting sound out of a DomU?