[Xen-users] Re : AW: Re : Last pachs for Xen VGA PAssthroughNVIIDA(revision >=24798)

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Torsten Vogelreuter" <Torsten_Vogelreuter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 23:49:50 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 22:51:40 +0000

Thank you for the quick response!

My Hardware spec. is perfectly and with XCP 1.5beta a first look is working as expected. Only the Nvidia doesnÂt â but I am happy to read that itÂs generally possible.

Therefore I am a beginner und not a Linux crack, I preferred to use a distribution and not to patch sources. Your Patch isnÂt included in the XCP 1.5beta? Because I hadnÂt added the nvidia bios, maybe this will work also with XCP 1.5?

I am generally not a friend of patches, no one knows how long it works and in a few weeks Precise is online, so I normally didnÂt want to use Lucid any more. (If this is the only way to get a nvidia graphic working).

The next thing why I like o use xcp 1.5 is, that I need a graphical tool for managing Xen. Without it its very difficult for me. (I have not so much time like I want, itÂs just a private project). With XCP 1.5 I can use XenCenter or Convirt and setting up a virtual machine is easy with a management tool.

The next thing is finding information is very complicated. I never used a mailing list before and searching within wiki and mailinglist is not the best. A forum doesnÂt exist, which I would like to prefer.

Thx

Torsten