Re: [Xen-users] Host does not support virtualization type 'xen'

  • To: Su Zhang <westlifezs@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Steven C Timm <timm@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 03:23:12 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 03:24:16 +0000

What’s the output of xm info in dom0, particularly hw_caps and xen_caps.

What’s output of /proc/cpuinfo.

The way you have the system configured, the system doesn’t recognize that your system is capable of running paravirtualized xen.  This could be a misconfigured libvirtd or wrong version of libvirtd tools, or a misconfigured kernel that is not sending the right flags to xm info.

Also, what’s uname –a of your kernel in dom0.

Steve Timm