Re: [Xen-users] Error in "make tools" for Xen-4.2-unstable

On 17/03/2012 18:18, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Sat, 2012-03-17 at 09:42 +0000, Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
On 17/03/2012 17:26, Ian Campbell wrote:
Please do not top post, it destroys the flow of the conversation.

On Sat, 2012-03-17 at 08:40 +0000, Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) wrote:
Hi,

I have ran ./configure but it doesn't work and results in an error.
Which you have once again failed to actually read.

teo-en-ming@ubuntu-1110-amd64-desktop:~/xen-unstable.hg$ ./configure
[...]
checking for yajl_alloc in -lyajl... no
configure: error: Could not find yajl
You need to install the yajl library.

Ian.

Dear Ian,

I don't believe the steps are so tedious and complicated for
xen-unstable.hg. I have used the following steps for xen-4.1-testing.hg
and all went smoothly without errors.

make xen
make tools
sudo make install-xen
sudo make install-tools PYTHON_PREFIX_ARG=

Something must be wrong in the source tree for xen-unstable.hg.
No, there is nothing wrong, there have simply been some changes in
xen-unstable.

Xen now uses configure (AKA autoconf), in common with a large proportion
of open source software. It also has an additional dependency on the
yajl library. I don't think there is anything unusually burdensome about
either of those changes and in both cases an informative message was
printed.

Ian.

Dear Ian,

Is there a wiki for building xen-4.2-unstable, and if there is, are the recent changes reflected in the wiki?

Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,

Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)