Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] Installation Instructions for Xen4.1.3-rc1-pre and Linux Kernel 3.3.0-rc7 on Ubuntu 11.10 Release

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: <ray@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 08:20:24 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 15:21:49 +0000

Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 06:52:21 -0400
From: Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)" <singapore.mr.teo.en.ming@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] Installation Instructions for Xen
4.1.3-rc1-pre and Linux Kernel 3.3.0-rc7 on Ubuntu 11.10 Release

> There are some people who prefer to install Xen and the *very latest and
bleeding edge* Linux kernel by building/compiling from sources.

If that is your cup of tea. You can get an account on the wiki yourself
and put the instructions there

---

This is very import - both considerations.  Consolidation of information
is critical for the progress of any new technology.  Rolling up the
build process into a single exercise is great; having all Xen info in
one place facilitates management.

There is probably a plan to help keep information up to date; it is a
difficult process to  manage especially with the intent to keep the
method sufficiently agile to support the speed of new developments.  I
have read the front end of the wiki and I haven't found the coordination
plan.  If I could understand the plan, it might be easier to find
relevant information.

ray