Re: [Xen-users] no network on domU in network-bridge configuration on Xen-4.0

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 03:26:09PM +0000, Motiejus JakÅtys wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 14:22, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2012-03-16 at 12:58 +0000, Motiejus JakÅtys wrote:

I managed to narrow down the problem. The symptoms are exactly like here:
http://www.digipedia.pl/usenet/thread/18711/28726/

Once after yet another reboot hypervisor did not have internet access, but
guest did (!).

The proposed workaround in the link is for BCM5708 (driver bnx2), however, my
card is BCM5707 (driver tg3).

And b57udiag (broadcom B5707 management service) does not have such an option
to "disable management". From related things it has only IPMI. I disabled IPMI,
but no help. Maybe other ideas how should I tune the NIC config?
Documentation[1].

I also use the latest driver from Broadcom site (3.122g, whereas linux-2.6.32
version is 3.116).

# ethtool -i peth0
driver: tg3
version: 3.122g
firmware-version: 5704-v3.36
bus-info: 0000:02:05.0

Next step would be to upgrade the firmware of the NIC itself, but I couldn't
find the image anywhere.. Any hints?

Seems that problem is not really Xen specific, rather Broadcom one. Anywhere
else I should ring the bells?

[1]:
ftp://ftp.supermicro.com/CDR-APLUS_1.12_for_A+_platform/Broadcom/Build8.2.6/DOS/UserDiag/B57UDIAG.pdf

Thanks,
Motiejus JakÅtys