Re: [Xen-users] LV resize encrypted volume

Hi Fajar,

On 19/03/12 22:11, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Jan Bakuwel <jan.bakuwel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> dom0: Debian Lenny  2.6.26-2-xen-amd64, domU: same. Xen 3.2-1
>>
>> After resizing a LV on dom0, Xen is not reporting the new extended size
>> to the PV domU even though dom0 is well aware of the new size. I've
>> rebooted domU (not dom0 yet as that's running a lot of other domU's).
>> The LV I tried to resize is encrypted. Resizing unencrypted volumes
>> works as expected.
>>
>> dom0:~# blockdev --getsz /dev/d/lv3
>> 1258291200
> Is this on the dom0?
>
>> domU:~# blockdev --getsz /dev/sdc1
>> 1048576000
> Is this on the domU?
>
> If yes, you need to resize the partition as well. Kinda hassle,
> somewhat. Your options are:
> - boot domU using sysrescuecd or similar live CD (assign the disk to
> another HVM domU if necessary), and resize the partition there. OR
> - map the disk to dom0 using "xm block-attach 0 ...", then use
> gparted/parted/whatever on dom0 for that disk.

Yes to all the above. I'm not sure if I understand you. Please note dom0
exports the LVs to domU as discs, not partitions. I had to increase a
few others LVs used by the same domU, those all resized as usual. The
only LV that didn't resize as expected is the one that is encrypted on domU.

The LV has been resized on dom0 and if I used blockdev on dom0 to
inquire the size of the device I'm getting the expected result so we're
beyond any resizing on dom0? domU has been rebooted. Once rebooted,
domU's kernel should see the correct size?

kind regards,
Jan