Re: [Xen-users] xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory

On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 16:39 +0000, Su Zhang wrote:

> After I reboot (with "modprobe xen-gntdev" added into xencommons), the
> domainU seems to be offline. When I was starting the domU, there is
> another error
> popped out.
> [root@XenTester su]# xm list
> Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State
> Time(s)
> Domain-0                                     0  3328     2     r-----
> 57.3
> cent5                                            768     1
> 0.0
> [root@XenTester su]# xm start cent5
> Error: Boot loader didn't return any data!
> Usage: xm start <DomainName>

> Can you see a problem here?

I expect that because you couldn't get to the console the VM was never
installed so there is nothing to boot. You probably need to destroy and
reinstall.

> Here is the iptable output,
> [root@XenTester su]# iptables -nL
> Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
> ACCEPT     all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           state
> RELATED,ESTABLISHED
> ACCEPT     icmp --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0
> ACCEPT     all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0
> ACCEPT     tcp  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           state NEW tcp
> dpt:22
> REJECT     all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           reject-with
> icmp-host-prohibited

> Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
> REJECT     all  --  0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           reject-with
> icmp-host-prohibited
>
> Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
> [root@XenTester su]#
>
> Does it look ok to you?

It seems to reject all non-ssh connections, which would explain things I
think.

Try flushing your firewall rules perhaps? Or reconfigure to allow
5900-6000.

> there may be a firewall at the gateway blocked the connection. I may
> double check with our system admin.

That shouldn't impact localhost connections.

Ian.