Von: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Im Auftrag von Su Zhang
Gesendet: Dienstag, 20. März 2012 17:03
An: Andreas Greve
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx; Ian Campbell
Betreff: Re: [Xen-users] xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 2:33 AM, Andreas Greve <andreas.greve@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hallo Su Zhang,

sorry for the short answer yesterday it was written on train on my handy.

/var/log/xen/console must be a directory.

There is no any file or directory called /etc/default/xen*.
Sorry that was specific to my debian system.  The correct name is
/etc/sysconfig/xend
Andreas,

There is no file at /etc/sysconfig/xend, instead, there are files called /etc/sysconfig/xencommons and /etc/sysconfig/xendomains

If in this file the  option
#XENCONSOLED_TRACE=[none|guest|hv|all]
is aktivated and set to all (in my case) and if the directory /var/log/xen/console  does not exist
the daemon xenconsoled dies directly after start on boot because xenconsed want to write to /var/log/xen/console/hypervisor.log.
but the directory does not exist.
There is a line "#XENCONSOLED_TRACE=[none|guest|hv|all]" within /etc/sysconfig/xencommons. Currently, this line ("#XENCONSOLED_TRACE=[none|guest|hv|all]") is commented out, so it seems that it is not activated right now?
again, there is no file or directory at /var/log/xen/console in my file system.

Bevor you try to start a DomU look if xenconsoled is running (ps augx | grep xenconsoled). If xenconsoled is not running perhaps you have the same problem.

Actually, I the output of the command line does indicate that the xenconsoled is running:

[root@XenTester su]# ps augx | grep xenconsoled
root      3826  0.0  0.0  90480   348 ?        SLl  10:10   0:00 xenconsoled --pid-file=/var/run/xenconsoled.pid
root      5119  0.0  0.0 103284   800 pts/2    S+   10:53   0:00 grep xenconsoled
[root@XenTester su]#

So it seems that your issue is not exactly same as mine because the XENCONSOLED TRACE is inactivated under my default settings, do you think so?

my way arround the problem was (as root):

    mkdir /var/log/xen/console

starting daemon by hand

    /usr/sbin/xenconsoled

making sure the the xenconsoled is running

    ps augx | grep xenconsoled

and than trying to start a domU (pv).

    xm create <domU>

After that all works fine for me including for a system reboot too.

I inspected the "make install" of  (4.1.2) and  only found the creation of  /var/log/xen directory but nothing for the creation of
/var/log/xen/console. But the source from xenconsoled depends on that directory.

So I think that it is a bug in the "make install"

Andreas