Re: [Xen-users] [Success] Xen Boot Errors Fedora 16

Many thanks to all who replied to this. I've got my Dom0 up and running.

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 12:17 AM, Eric Houby <ehouby@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Chris,

I just worked through this one today. I found a solution here:

-Eric

From: Chris Jones <gnd.zer0@xxxxxxxxx>
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2012 3:14 PM
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen Boot Errors Fedora 16

I installed Fedora 16 and then ran:

sudo yum install xen

Xen installed without errors and I rebooted. In the Grub2 list I selected Xen 4.1.2 and then selected the option:

Fedora Linux, with Xen 4.1.2 and Linux 3.3.0-4.fc16.x86_64

The boot process starts (i notice that loading ramdisk is very short) and then shortly thereafter the boot fails and the system reboots without any error.

I tried checking the boot log but I'm not sure I'm looking at the right log.

The only problem I see in the boot is

Started SYSV: sandbox, xguest and other apps that want to use pam_names$
Failed to start Xenstored - daemon managing xenstore file system