Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] [SUCCESS] Xen 4.2-unstable Changeset 25099: VGA Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview HVM domU

On 26/03/2012 22:15, Martin Wolf wrote:
Am 26.03.2012 14:40, schrieb Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming):
On 26/03/2012 20:23, Pavel Mateja wrote:
On 26/03/2012 17:15, Pavel Mateja wrote:
Dear Xen users, developers and David Techer,

I have just downloaded, compiled, and installed Xen 4.2-unstable
Changeset *_25099_* with Xen VGA Passthrough patches. Xen VGA
Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview HVM domU is successful. Or I
should say *PARTIALLY* successful. Why? Please see the screenshots
below.
Hi,
which CPU do you have? Intel E6300?
Did you notice that CPU doesn't support VT-d?
Dear Pavel Mateja,

My CPU is Intel Pentium Dual Core E6300 2.8 GHz which supports Intel
Virtualization Technology, i.e. VT-x, not VT-d.

BUT, my Intel DQ45CB desktop motherboard supports Intel VT-d. The
motherboard BIOS also has VT-d option.

Thank you very much.
Hi again,
I'm affraid you have to cross-reference
http://processormatch.intel.com/CompDB/SearchResult.aspx?BoardName=DQ45CB
and
http://ark.intel.com/search/advanced?VTD=true
Dear Pavel Mateja,

I can confirm my Intel Pentium Dual Core E6300 2.8 GHz supports VT-x and my Intel DQ45CB desktop board and motherboard BIOS supports VT-d. Would you like to have a photo screenshot of the motherboard BIOS showing the VT-d option? This is concrete evidence showing that my hardware configuration supports VT-d. I can even post a video if you want it.

Thank you very much.

afaik the vt-d support was in the chipset for the core2duo / quad series and was moved to the cpu since the core "i" series. so i guess he is right.

Oh I see.

--
Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)