Re: [Xen-users] Dear Tobias Geiger, I Need Help with Xen VGA Passthrough to Windows 8 Consumer Preview / XP (Xen 4.2-unstable)

i can only say for sure that it works with a "Radeon HD 6970" - thats what i'm
using. stay away from dual-gpu cards, they have a more complex pci-bus
structure which may not work when passed-through.
The newer 7XXX may also work, i also think i read something about 5XXX cards
working - but don't take any older ones.
that said i can only tell for sure it works with the mentioned 6970 - simply
because i haven't tested any other cards yet myself.

regarding the patches - they should be the same, as he claims somewhere that
he took mine and forward-ported them to a then recent xen version.

With the ati card above you don't need any patches at all. none from david
techer, none from ati. pure vanilla xen (4.X or unstable) is enough.

Greetings
Tobias