Re: [Xen-users] gPXE useâr class

Ahhh, okay.  What I'd suggest is to use an embedded script in a
replacement ROM binary.  For the script, I think you would use:

#!gpxe
set user-class MY_USER_CLASS
autoboot

To use gPXE, you can build the image using rom-o-matic, available
here:
http://rom-o-matic.net/gpxe/gpxe-git/gpxe.git/contrib/rom-o-matic/build.php

iPXE doesn't yet have an equivalent to gPXE's rom-o-matic, so that
would involve building it yourself from source.

As for what to do with the ROM binary when you get it... I'm not sure
how to add that file into a VM under Xen.  I assume it's just some
simple change to the VM config file, though.  Perhaps someone else on
the list here could help with that?

Alternatively, you could build a bootable ISO of your customized gPXE,
connect *that* to your VM and boot from CD, and achieve the same
result.

Best Regards,
Andrew Bobulsky