Re: [Xen-users] [Xen-devel] Xen timekeeping best practices

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-04-13 at 18:22 +0100, Todd Deshane wrote:
> > Adding Xen-devel.
> >
> > What are the current timekeeping best practices now?
>
> pvops kernels behave as if independent_wallclock == 1, so the existing
> advice:
>        set /proc/sys/xen/independent_wallclock to 1 and run ntp on
>        domU.
> still applies.

This also applies to Xen 4.0 (4.0.0) if I understood correctly?

If so and based on previous posts can we resume that this is what is
recommended:

        |        Xen3                     |          Xen4               |
PV    | independent_wallclock = 0 or 1  | independent_wallclock =  1  |