Re: [Xen-users] the problen about saving a running domain

On Mon, 2012-04-23 at 08:48 +0100, æåä wrote:
> hi there guys,
>
> when i save a running domain with xm command , the domain passthrough
> a nic from dom0, i get the error "Error: Migration not permitted with
> assigned PCI device"ã anybody has experienced it like me. some
> suggestiong give me..

It is not possible to save or migrate a domain which has a PCI device
passed through to it (the error message is incomplete and only refers to
migration).

You would need to unplug the device, which may depend upon co-operation
from the guest OS, before saving.

Ian.