[Xen-users] [XCP] enabling gfx_passthrough for XCP

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: LINSCHOTEN Rob <rob.linschoten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 14:16:08 +0200
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:17:20 +0000

Hi List,

I have some problems with enabling VGA_PASSTHROUGH in XCP. I enabled vga
passthrough and I can see the pci nvida qudro 2000 card in the quest vm. At the
moment it is visable as secondary video card and the emulated Cirrus Logic card
is the primary video card. According to the
"http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_VGA_Passthrough";
document, I should also set the "gfx_passthru=1"  in the /etc/xen/<guest>
cfgfile in order for the nvidia card to become the primary video card. But how
can I set
this parameter if I am using XCP? no guest gfc file exists but is somewhere
else in the XCP environment/database??? accessible via xe commands??? setting
of the
other-config parameter of the vm?? platform parameter??

Thanks,

Rob Linschoten

Disclaimer:

If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender
and delete it.
Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of this email or its
attachment(s) is forbidden.
Thales Nederland BV will not accept liability for any damage caused by this
email or its attachment(s).
Thales Nederland BV is seated in Hengelo and is registered at the Chamber of
Commerce under number 06061578.