Re: [Xen-users] Is this IO-starving?

Quoting Xi Shen <davidshen84@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hi,

My system is Gentoo x86, with Xen 4.1.2, the kernel is the latest gentoo
kernel. My computer supports VT-x, but not VT-d. My guest is Win7 x86,
resides on a LVM partition. In my guest, I was installing stuffs, and on my
host I ran "dstat -cd  5" and observed IO-starving. Please look at
http://pastie.org/3873523.

Actually, I am not sure if it is IO-starving. I am new to Xen, and have
know idea how Xen would perform in normal scenarios.

Did you load the GPLPV drivers on Windows? It greatly improves IO performance in Xen.

Ken Cobler