Re: [Xen-users] update-rc.d: warning: xencommons

On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 22:40 +0100, cyberhawk001@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> This is maybe nothing, but when using Xen 4.2 unstable, if i run the
> command:
>
> sudo update-rc.d xencommons defaults 19 18
>
> I always get the warning message:
>
> update-rc.d: warning: xencommons start runlevel arguments (2 3 4 5) do
> not match LSB Default-Start values (2 3 5)
>
> So far i have just ignored that message, but is that something to
> worry about? I do recall that when using the Xen 4.1.2 Stable, i have
> never seen that warning message until i started using Xen 4.2
> Unstable.

IIRC xencommons is a new initscript in 4.2 (might have been backported
to later 4.1.x, not sure).

I'd have thought this would be fixed in xen-unstable by:
        changeset:   24847:0900b1c905f1
        user:        Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx>
        date:        Mon Feb 20 18:58:07 2012 +0000
        summary:     tools/hotplug: remove 4 from default runlevel in xencommons

Are you running xen-unstable from before then?

More recently Olaf fixed another bunch of similar warnings in:
        changeset:   25295:7d3d3fece237
        user:        Olaf Hering <olaf@xxxxxxxxx>
        date:        Fri May 04 19:38:02 2012 +0200
        summary:     tools/hotplug: remove 4 from default runlevel in init
scripts

(I think the warning is a bit annoying, but it's IMHO harmless)

Ian.