Re: [Xen-users] Xen or KVM

Andrew Wells <agwells0714@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>    Is it just for servers, then go xen, do you plan on doing VDI (windows)
>    then again xen has good solutions.
>
>    Plan on doing Linux VDI look at Ovirt a kvm solution

I just wanted to throw Parallels into the ring here, as well. I don't
know how they compare to Citrix' solutions but one shouldn't forget,
that Parallels has containers for Windows, too. And - as far as I
understand - that makes it a compelling solution in combination with
Windows Datacenter Edition, regarding licensing.

http://www.netstream.co.il/fileadmin/groups/netstream/Testfolder/Doc/Parallels_Virtualization_VDI.pdf

In terms of I/O they should beat all hypervisor-based solutions by far.

by
Töns
--
There is no safe distance.