Re: [Xen-users] Xen 4.0.3 on Linux 2.6.32 failed to shutdown gracefully, but reboot instead

On 18 May 2012 16:32, John Mok <jmok@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have successfully setup and are running Xen 4.0.3 on Ubuntu 10.04 (Kernel
> 2.6.32 from Jeremy's branch). However, the server failed to power down
> gracefully with Xen multi-boot (e.g. using shutdown or poweroff commands),
> it turned out to reboot instead. When Âbooting to the kernel alone without
> multi-boot, the server could power down gracefully.
Hi!

I have this problem too, but only with hvm guests (i.e. windows domU).
I've read about something about this problem and I've found out that
XenWindowsGplPv drivers have to be installed. The problem is that installing
such drivers, make my domUs unstable and unusable.
Do you have this problem even on PV guests?

--
Flavio