Re: [Xen-users] Pvgrub on Debian dom0

On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 18:57 +0100, Ian Tobin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Having a problem getting a domu to boot correctly.
>
> When I enter xl create guest it boots straight into grubdom.
>
> If I enter the config location in grubdom t boots as expected.
>
> The location of the grub.cfg is the same in my domu config as what in
> entering but just will not work.

grub.cfg is the grub2 file, whereas pvgrub is currently grub1 (sometimes
called grub legacy). Both the syntax and the location of the config file
differs between the two versions of grub.

I'm not sure if anyone is working on pvgrub2, I thought I'd heard a
rumour of it.

There is a tool, pv-grub-menu.lst, which has been proposed for Debian[0]
which helps you create and manage a legacy style menu.lst.

I think grub-legacy is also still in Debian, but you might need to
explicitly install it rather than grub2.

Ian.

[0] http://bugs.debian.org/672104