[Xen-users] New install of Xen 4.1, very poor I/O performance

We've installed xen 4.1, and our setup is as follows:
Dom0 is ubuntu 11.04
DomU is centos 5.5, with el xen 2.6.18 kernel

Dom0 is on local disk, DomU is on an NFS share. Dom0 write speeds are fast(50 MBps), while the DomU write speed is very low, 10 MBps, but I directly write to a drive on the NFS, say xvdb, the write speed is 50 MBps, which is normal. If I format that same drive, as ext3, and mount it, and then write a file of 1gb, it goes down to 10MBps.

What am I missing here? Why does this happen and how do I resolve this issue?

--
Jude Pereira
judepereira@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx