Re: [Xen-users] Xen vs VMWare comparison paper

Hello Admin,

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 1:11 PM,  <admin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm guessing that the benchmarks were run without any optimized drivers for
> Windows under Xen.  That would be the only way to explain the dismal
> performance.  Windows is known to perform poorly under Xen if you simply
> install Windows and don't install optimized drives.  In all fairness,
> Windows performs poorly on native hardware if you don't install optimized
> drivers, so testers should expect to have to install optimized drivers when
> testing Windows regardless of the environment.  I have emailed them about
> this, and I will post anything I hear back from them.

I'm rather curious here because you said "optimized drivers" rather
than saying "GPLPV."  Is there a choice of [better than stock] drivers
for a Windows HVM DomU that I'm not aware of?  I ask because GPLPV
doesn't quite work for me yet in all situations.

Regards,
Andrew Bobulsky