Re: [Xen-users] How to create a Persistent VNC connection to a VM?

>From what I have seen - it's a limitation of VNC with resolution changes.  I see the same behavior if I resize a Windows desktop.  I've never found a way to circumvent it.

Shane

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 2:54 PM, <cyberhawk001@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hopefully this is a very simple thing to answer, BUT I have one computer running Xen 4.2-unstable and once you create a VM using the "xl create" command, it creates that VM as well as opens a new VNC port to it.

I than use TightVNC from a second computer running WInXP to connect to the newly created VM on the server.

Now, my question is that as that VNC connections disconnects a LOT during the process of reboots and doing updates and etc and have to reconnect so often, HOW to or is there a simple way to create a persistent VNC connection to the VM no matter what it is doing as long as you do not run the "xl destroy" command on the server, you will still see the VM Console?

Does such a thing have to do with some setting on the Xen server? or it is something with the TightVNC program running on WinXP that is making it disconnect?

Shane D. Johnson
IT Administrator
Rasmussen Equipment