Re: [Xen-users] xen tutorials?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 11:17:42 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 10:18:43 +0000

Also http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_Beginners_Guide is a guide that shows how to get started with “Squeeze” and Xen 4

On 06/06/2012 10:07, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Tue, 2012-06-05 at 04:35 +0100, Bill Beauchemin wrote:
My main question is if nthere is a tutorial that can help me with
getting xen installed and configured correctly, configure a guest,
install a guest, and boot the guest using the above configuration?
The Debian wiki has a page on Xen which covers the basic host install
http://wiki.debian.org/Xen . I've been working on this page recently, if
anything isn't clear or you think could be expressed better please do
feel free to edit it (or just send me your feedbak).

That same page also has some discussion of guest install methods, e.g.
using the xen-tools package (which builds on debootstrap). Another
option for installing a Debian guest is to use the normal Debian
installer. This is described in:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Debian_Guest_Installation_Using_Debian_Installer

Some other pages of interest:
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Category:Debian
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Category:Host_Install
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Category:Guest_Install
http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Getting_Started

As others have mentioned you are probably better off using LVM than
dedicating actual partitions to the guests (although this will work).

Ian.