Re: [Xen-users] network-bridge working in HVM but not PV

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 3:41 PM, Eric Lindsey <eslindsey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here's the puzzle: my HVM Windows XP domain is correctly handling
> DHCP, joining the network, and has full Internet and network access.
> But my PV Debian stalls waiting for a DHCPOFFER until it gives up,
> even though I see both the DHCPREQUEST and DHCPOFFER response in the
> syslog of the host machine (which is using dnsmasq).  In addition, if
> I assign static information to the interface on the PV domU, it has
> full network access.  To me this is not an acceptable solution because
> I prefer to use DHCP address reservations on the dom0 to manage the
> whole network.

IIRC this is a problem with the kernel and/or userland. For example, I
get the same thing when using an old kernel with busybox's dhcp, but
not with RHEL6.

I suggest you try using debian wheezy or ubuntu precise as PV guest
and see what happens.
Or try turning off all offloads in the bridge and domU's vif interface
(on dom0 side) with ethtool, but I doubt it will work.

--
Fajar