Re: [Xen-users] Nested Virtualization: XCP-1.5 on VirtualBox 4.1.16

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Alexandre Kouznetsov <alk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 19:44:41 -0500
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 00:46:15 +0000

Hi, Eric.

El 20/06/12 18:03, Eric escribió:
When I booted the XCP VM it the virtual terminal went dark and the VM
froze just after booting the XCP ISO (XCP-1.5-beta-base-53341.iso).
I have successfully installed XCP 1.5 and XCP 1.1 in Virtualbox form a ISO file, with no issues:
XCP-1.5-beta-base-53341
Virtualbox 4.1.16 r78094
Host system Ubuntu 10.04.

While booting the XCP machine, it uses a graphical splash screen. In some cases, VirtualBox can't deal with it and shows a dark screen. Maybe you just need to give it some minutes to boot, specially if you are short of RAM.

You may cancel the splash screen and see the boot console pressing ESC at any time. For permanent change you need to modify the the kernel parameters in the bootloader configuration.

--
Alexandre Kouznetsov