[Xen-users] Basic Network Bridge

I am starting from scratch and still cannot get this to work.

Running freshly-installed Debian Wheezy. Only the SSH server was installed
using Debian Installer (no desktop environment, etc.). After a successful
install, I installed the xen-linux-system-3.2.0-2-amd64 and dnsmasq.

My /etc/network/interfaces:
iface eth0 inet static
address 10.1.20.1
netmask 255.255.255.0

allow-hotplug eth1
iface eth1 inet static
address w.x.y.z
netmask 255.255.255.248
gateway w.x.y.z

As you can see, eth0 is my LAN and eth1 is WAN. The box normally functions as a
NAT router for everything on eth0 to connect to the Internet via eth1. However
I have not installed those packages or changed my iptables to provide that
functionality yet. This is still a bone stock installation of Debian and on
dom0 I have Internet access and DNS is working.

dnsmasq has been configured to service DHCP requests and to listen on all
available interfaces.

xen-create-image with appropriate parameters created me a DHCP virtual machine
(also running wheezy and the 3.2.0 kernel) which starts successfully.

brctl show displays eth0 as a bridge connected to peth0 and vif4.0 (the ID of
the PV VM). But the VM does not seem to have any kind of network access for
some reason. The dom0 does not seem to be getting the DHCP requests from the
VM. The VM never successfully obtains a DHCP lease. And even when I set static
information in the VM, it is not able to ping the dom0. What am I doing wrong?
I don't even know what information to post with this because I don't know where
to try to start troubleshooting the problem. The key is, I don't want the VMs
to have just Internet access (else I would bridge them to eth1). I want them to
get full network access, including the ability to get DHCP from dom0.