Re: [Xen-users] Which one to use: Xen HV, Xen Cloud Platform, or Citrix XenServer?

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 6:01 AM, Eric <epretorious@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With so many different avenues for using Xen I'm wondering which path to
> take:
>
> Xen Hypervisor (e.g., CentOS 5.x, Debian {4,5,6}, etc),
> Xen Cloud Platform [XCP], or
> Citrix XenServer [XS].
>
> Is there one platform that...
>
> is more stable?
> has more features? e.g., live migration, high-availability, etc.
> tracks Xen HV development more closely?
>
> Is there one Linux distro that...
>
> is more stable than the others?
> tracks Xen HV development more closely? e.g.,RHEL/CentOS 5.x uses Xen 3.0.
> Debian 6 uses Xen 4.0 AFAIK.

If you've read the documentations and try some of them, like I
recommended before, you'd probably know the answer already :)

In short, there's no silver bullet. You can't have it all. For now anyway.
It's your choice whether to pick appliance-type vs distro-installed,
and newer-features vs rock-stable-and-proven.

Going forward, since xapi tools will be available and developed mainly
on debian/ubuntu, those would probably be the best choice. I wouldn't
hold my breath though, as (from experience) most likely it'd take
several years to get there.

--
Fajar