[Xen-users] Xen block device online resizing

Hi,

I'm using SLES11 sp2 both on Dom0 and DomU. The kernel is > 3.0 and Xen 4.1 is installed.

Online resizing has become a feature not too long ago with XEN. It allows one to expand the disk's capacity without having to restart DomU.

I tried to use that feature, but when I append memory to my virtual block device in Dom0, it is not registered by DomU. I have to either reboot or live migrate in order to achieve a disk resize. I tried to load some modules with modprobe, but it didn't work. Has anyone been able to achieve an online resize? I should mention that modprobe in DomU doesn't "see" the additional capacity.

Thanks,

Stefan