[Xen-users] Mini-OS Xenstore Permissions

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Adrian Shaw <axs911@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 16:45:34 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 15:47:12 +0000

Good evening to you all,

Apologies if this is a naive question.
I am currently working on the Mini-OS stubdomain and trying to access the Xenstore.
Mini-OS has its own implementation for accessing the Xenstore (xs_wire.h) with functions such as xs_write, xs_read etc
However when the stubdomain is run it doesn't even have permission to access its own local area in the Xenstore,
e.g. /local/domain/16

(I get an EACESS error code)

I have tried reading the wiki but it isn't clear when permissions need to be set.
Are they meant to be set before the stubdomain is launched?
Is it like this by default?
Furthermore, is Mini-OS capable of setting permissions for other guests to access a particular path in the Xenstore, using a C call?
So far I have not seen anything that does this.

I'd be grateful if you can clear up this confusion I'm having.

Regards,

Adrian