Re: [Xen-users] Debian/Ubuntu for XCP

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 12:02 AM,  <ray@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Fajar,
>
> Re:  Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Which one to use: Xen HV, Xen Cloud
> Platform, or Citrix XenServer?
>
> Since you mentioned debian/ubuntu relative to XCP, I wonder if you could
> help me understand.  I have read some about this but I have not been
> able to understand what parts each play.  I would appreciate some
> comments on the relationship so maybe I could better understand what I
> am reading.  I can't tell what is actually happening or how to implement
> it.  A link to further information would be additional value for me.

I don't use debian, nor xcp. Not anymore, anyway.

As for the relationship, the first section here should explain it
nicely: http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Project_Kronos

Short version:
XCP = centos + custom kernel + xapi toolstack, bundled as an ISO installer
kronos = xapi toolstack, installable on top of debian

--
Fajar