[Xen-users] General Linux VM question regarding Xen support

Hello, all.

I'd like to get some feedback on why Linux support for Xen environments is
(seemingly) poor, compared to other virtualisation software. I do a lot of
testing of different types of VMs; firewalls, SMB servers, etc. and find
myself increasingly frustrated that, though most of these systems I test run
Linux almost exclusively, the vast majority have no Xen support.

I'll use owncloud.org as an example. Their software looks very interesting
to us, and I'd love to just get a VM up and running in our XCP environment,
but it seems every contemporary virtualisation platform is supported except
for XenServer/XCP/Xen. Well, and HyperV.

Untangle is another example; I'd love to run this UTM as a VM, but they have
no XenServer/XCP support. Instead, they have instructions for VMware.

How is it that it appears to be easier to get Linux VMs up and running in
VMware than in XCP?

Is there an HVM to PVM super-turbo-automatic-conversion-tool-bootable-iso
out there I'm unaware of that looks at an installed system and goes, "hey
stoopid, you're Linux. Let's do what those idiot developers were unable to
and PVM your dumbass".

If such a tool exists, please provide a link.